A pic of the back,
not fancy but this is intended to be an easy no-sew project girls can make for themselves.
use the scroll button on your mouse until the distance between the two lines is one inch.
Simply cut one from soft knit fabric and add a little slit on each side to slide the dolls arms through.
One adult t-shirt should easily be enough for at least 6 dresses.
One flat pattern piece = one dress.
To dress doll:
- Place the center of the dress on her back right side out, below her shoulders.
- Bring one side under her arm, over chest and slide her other arm through the hole.
- Wrap the other side under her arm and over chest and slide the opposite arm through the hole.
- Smooth out the front where the fabric overlaps. You may find that the open side sticks out a bit, just push it against her side with your finger and put her arm down. Wa-la!
- If you want the side to stay down and the dress to look more finished you can add a belt.
- The thinner and more worn the t-shirt, the better it drapes.
My inspiration (sorry I don't have a link):